The Town of Westfield contracts with Grand Sanitation, Inc. to provide curbside recycling pickup. Please refer to the following information that details the collection zones and schedules. Service remains on a biweekly basis, and no changes have been made to acceptable materials and guidelines.
Single Stream Recycling Reminders
The recycling industry has undergone significant changes affecting curbside single stream collection which substantially limits the items being accepted for recycling across many communities.
- Only plastic number 1 and number 2 are accepted
- No plastic bags are accepted
- Shredded paper is not accepted
- Containerize your recycling to minimize contamination
- All acceptable items may be commingled in a container (no plastic bags)
While there are currently no markets for plastics number 3 through number 7, the Town will continue to monitor alternative solutions for these items within the industry. Look through a full list of acceptable and non-acceptable items.
Reporting a Missed Pickup
- Weather and equipment breakdowns may affect your pickup date. If your recycling was not picked up on schedule, the most effective way to notify Grand Sanitation is via email at email@example.com. You can also notify them by phone at 908-222-1566, option 8.