Copies of Birth, Death, Marriage or Civil Union Certificates and Domestic Partnerships may be obtained from the municipality where the event occurred. Contact the Registrar's Office in the applicable municipality to obtain additional information.
Marriage/Civil Union Application
- An Application for Marriage must be made in the municipality where either applicant resides, unless both are out of state residents, in which case application must be made in the municipality where the ceremony will take place.
- In order to initiate an application, proof of identity, social security number, proof of divorce (if applicable to either party).
- A witness over the age of 18 years old.
- State mandated waiting period of 72 hours before the Marriage/Civil Union license can be issued for use.
- Cost for the Marriage Application is $28.
Please note: Licenses issued in this state may never be used outside of the State of New Jersey and a license issued in another state may never be used within the State of New Jersey.
- Birth Certificates must be obtained in the municipality where the individual was born.
- Proof of identity must be provided.
- Cost for obtaining a Birth Certificate is $15.
- Death Certificates must be obtained in the municipality where the individual has died.
- Proof of relation to the deceased must be provided.
- Cost for obtaining a Death Certificate is $15.