One Westfield Place
At the September 20, 2022 Town Council meeting, HBC | Streetworks Development, the owner of the Lord & Tayor site, presented their plans for the development of their property, as well as the North and South Avenue municipal parking lots. Branded as “One Westfield Place,” this potentially historic project is the culmination of over three years of collaboration and community input.
The HBC | Streetworks Development Preview Center will open in October at 76 Elm Street (formerly Chico’s), where residents can see a full scale model of the proposal, ask questions, and provide feedback.
Presentation by Topology to the Town Council of the Lord & Taylor/Train Station Redevelopment Plan (January 31, 2023)
Municipal Services Cost Analysis Report Prepared by Richard B. Reading Associates (January 11, 2023)
Westfield Public Parking/Technology Enhancements Budget Report Prepared by THA Associates (October 10, 2022)
Redevelopment Study Resolutions
At its March 10, 2020 meeting, the Town Council voted to request that the Planning Board conduct a preliminary study to determine if the following properties meet the criteria to be declared "an area in need of redevelopment."
- Resolution 77-2020: Redevelopment of All Eight Municipal Parking Lots (PDF)
- Resolution 78-2020: Lord & Taylor Sites Building (PDF)
Redevelopment Studies and Presentations
- Municipal Parking Lot Preliminary Investigation (May 14, 2020)
- Lord and Taylor Sites Preliminary Investigation (July 1, 2020)
Presentations by Topology
- June 30, 2020 Presentation to the Town Council Regarding the Study of the Eight Municipal Parking Lots' Eligibility as Areas in Need of Redevelopment (PDF)
- July 20, 2020 Presentation to the Planning Board Regarding the Study of the Lord & Taylor Property's Eligibility as an Area in Need of Redevelopment (PDF)
- August 11, 2020 Presentation to the Town Council Regarding the Studies of the Lord & Taylor and Rialto Properties as Areas in Need of Redevelopment (PDF)
Resolutions Designating Areas in Need of Redevelopment
- On June 30, 2020, the Town Council voted to designate the eight municipal parking lots as "areas in need of redevelopment."
- On August 11, 2020, the Town Council voted to designate the Lord and Taylor and Rialto properties as "areas in need of redevelopment."
Scattered Site Redevelopment Plan
- At the November 10, 2020 Town Council meeting, the Council adopted an ordinance on second reading for a scattered site redevelopment plan, which allows for the Town to engage in discussions with prospective redevelopers for the properties listed in this plan. This redevelopment plan was approved by the Planning Board at its November 2, 2020 meeting.
- General Ordinance Number 2198: Adopting the Downtown Westfield Scattered Site Redevelopment Plan (PDF)
- November 10, 2020 Presentation by Hudson's Bay Company and Streetworks Development to the Town Council (YouTube Video)
- Presentation to the Town Council by Streetworks Development on November 10, 2020 (PDF)
- Downtown Westfield Scattered Site Redevelopment: Plan: Amended May 10, 2022 by General Ordinance No,2022-14 (PDF)
Designation of Streetworks Development
- At the December 8, 2020 Town Council meeting, the Council adopted a resolution to conditionally designate Streetworks Development as the redeveloper for its Lord & Taylor properties, as well as for municipal lots 2, 3, and 7.
Lord & Taylor / Train Station Redevelopment Plan
- At the January 31, 2023 Town Council meeting, the Council introduced General Ordinance 2023-03: Adopting the Lord & Taylor/Train Station Redevelopment Plan. The Council voted 7-1 to refer the ordinance to the Planning Board to evaluate consistency with the Master Plan.